(MEDICAL LIGHTING LAB.)
This is a place where primarily we work to create the future of light for medical environments.
What is the optimal light for a medical environment?
What light can accurately illuminate the surgical field?
What light is gentle on health care providers' eyes, and can soothe patients' nerves?
These are the questions we, Yamada Shadowless Lamps, wrestle with.
We hope to continue to feel, describe, think about, and above all make the future of light for medical environments.
It is that hope that gave rise to the Medical Lighting Lab. (MLL).
What you can do at MLL?
- Compare, Feel
- You can try out all of our company’s products at the MLL.
We have rooms lit by Medical LEDs as well as normal LEDs so that you can compare and feel for yourself what the differences are.
- Know, Try out
- You can learn about all kinds of optical light themes, including “What is light?”, “What are the particular problems with LEDs?”, “LED Construction”, and see our library of relevant books.
- Relax, Talk
- You can use the MLL meeting space for purposes such as meetings, study sessions, seminars and more. You can also arrange for on-the-spot demonstrations of light fixtures or experimental equipment pertinent to your discussion.
- Make, Create
- At the MLL, you can create new light never before seen through comparing, feeling, knowing, trying out and discussing.
Break out of the box and let your ideas run free at our MLL!
Case studies on what has been done so far at MLL
There are currently no scheduled events.
Reservations & Access
Reception Hours: Weekdays 9:00-17:30 (Reservations Required)
- When Reserving:
- Anyone with an interest in light is welcome to visit.
If you have any current causes for concern, or lighting wishes, please let us know when reserving.
SKY Building 2F (inside mashup studio), 2-21-25 Yushima, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0034
Roughly 7 minutes’ walk from Exit 5 of Yushima Station on the Tokyo Metro Chiyoda Line
Roughly 8-minute walk from Exit 2 of Hongo-sanchome Station on the Tokyo Metro Marunouchi Line
Roughly 10-minute walk from the Hijiri-bashi Exit of JR Ochanomizu Station.
Roughly 15-minute by taxi from JR Tokyo Station